Hello all! I apologise things have been a little quiet around here lately, but you can see why! I have been swotting away at SWADT HQ (or, y’know, my bedroom) to get my WordPress.com blog shifted over to self-hosted WordPress, and to get set-up with a new and more personal theme. I’m pleased to say I eventually made it to the other side!
I’m pretty pleased with how things are looking now, and have also included a few of my own doodles; before I’d used illustrations from elsewhere. I’m still tweaking with things, but hopefully everything will be up-and-running properly soon! x
Ahh, the age-old ‘what’s in my bag’ post. A standard template in the blog-o-sphere! A bit of a cliché, but I have always enjoyed reading other people’s posts, so I thought I’d hot-foot it onto the blogger band-wagon. And why not?!
This isn’t a bag I use everyday, as I’d be heart afraid of something happening to it! But I’m excited to show you this buttery leather beauty from See by Chloe. It’s so beautifully made; I love the shape, size and the little details. It’s a piece of art. ‘See’ what’s in my bag… ‘See’ what I did there? Ahem…
1. Radley purse.
2. Car keys – I drive a Fiat Punto Go! I call her (yes, her) Black Beauty. ;) My keyring is from the London 2012 Olympics – very London, with a red bus, postbox, telephone box and 2012 logo.
3. Models Own Lipstix and YSL Touche Éclat. This twist-up lip stick is a great colour, and perfect for everyday wear. I always carry Touche Éclat with me too; it’s a wonder product.
4. Orla Kiely notebook – for my ‘to do’ lists, doodling and jotting down any ideas that come to mind!
5. iPhone with Laura Ashley cover.
6. I carry a book around with me in case I get some quiet time. At the moment I’m reading ‘Bonjour Tristesse’, which I bought in Shakespeare and Company in Paris.
I’d love to see your bags and what’s in ‘em too! x
Monochrome with a pop of gold
I know it’s only Wednesday, but I’m entering ‘throwback’ territory, sharing these pictures taken in *cough* September *splutter*. Still, I’ll be cracking out this outfit again soon, as it’s cold-weather friendly with some trusty 100 deniers and a ribbed polo neck. Paired with this smart black blazer gives it a dressy edge.
You may recognise the shorts from my Paris post, when a lady from Christian Dior complimented them and told me how houndstooth was the print that made the designer famous! I love the double zips.
Anyone who knows me will tell you how much of a hat person I am. Berets, bowlers, fedoras… I’m rarely spotted without something on my noggin! So when I spotted this little head adornment I had to give it a home.
It was a very blustery day. Windswept and, uhm, interesting? … Ahem! x